Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ahhh...Its Passionfruit !

If there is one thing I pride myself on, it's my knowledge of fruits. So, it's not often that I am startled when I find something I can't quite identify. Until this weekend in Jakarta of all places. At first glance, it resembled a pomengranate, albeit orange. Texturally its seemed alright. But then I began to crack it open and my fingers just dug into the inner spongy skin. Almost like opening open a rotten orange. And then, the thousand tad pole like seeds came jutting out. I ate a few bites (later I find out you can eat the seeds). It was tart and not all too tasteful.

Its passionfruit! I do think it tastes much better as a drink and mixed with other things. As a stand alone fruit, I have had far more juicer ones. Which reminds me. I better pick up some Kyoho grapes soon.

The passion fruit takes the prize of strangest fruit eaten this weekend.

No comments: