Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ding! Its Din Tai Fong!



Busy little bees rolling the soup dumplings.

Okay, I have to admit something, when I first at my first Din Tai Fong in Singapore I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Until I ate at the original Din Tai Fong in Taipei, but you can't really go anywhere after heaven, unless of course it's called heaven's heaven -- but then now I am no longer making sense.

One can't really pinpoint why the Din Tai Fong in Taipei is better, it just is. This dim sum place is known for its Xiao Long Bao, or pork soup dumplings. I always wondered how they get the soup in the dumpling? And recently found out that it is a gelatin that they roll into the dumpling and once steamed become this soup. Truly amazing. The trick to eating this steamy soupy dumpling is to eat it right after it has been served to you. 

Pork over rice, another old stand-by, but darn delicious!




No comments: